Saturday, August 2, 2008

Find your dance!

So I came across this video from Surya's blog and for some reason just couldn't stop smiling.


Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.

It is an awesome video and I thought about why I liked it so much. What comes through is the human desire to connect with one another at a very simple level. I mean here is a guy doing a simple jig in the corners of the world, and people of all cultures, languages, and countries join in. And not only are they joining in, they are LOVING IT!

I think we all want to be Matt. We want to cut through the bull-crap of politics, stereotypes, and whatever. We want to be able to connect with people everywhere...we just have to figure out our own worldly "dance." For some, it might be their laugh, and others their smile. I'm not really sure what mine is, but this video has made me think about it. I'll let you know if I have figured it out, but you might know better than me what my own dance is.

Oh yeah...and the best clip of the bunch has to be the Papa Nui Guinea tribesmen. That is just awesome.

No comments: